Why, yes, I AM going to just waltz back in here like I never left.:)
It wasn’t you, it was me. You see, life got a little lot overwhelming and I just had to step away.
And now I’m back.
And I’ve made a decision. My entire writing career, I’ve debated whether or not I should blog/write professional style or me style. I think I need to go with me style. What does that mean for you, as a reader? Probably the following:
- Less stuffy language
- More bad language
- Just as much parenting help
- Stories about my parenting experiences, good and bad
Think you can handle that?
As I sat down to write, I determined that I need a plan. I have 3 other books in various stages of doneness (but of course that’s a word – I’m an English teacher, I get to make up words. It’s ok, trust me) and I need to get crackin’. I suffered a HUGE lapse in confidence and the only way to fix it is to get back to it. I can’t improve my writing if I don’t ever do it.
Here’s what I am working on:
1. An ADHD plan of attack for my kids in school. if you have a special needs kid, you know that they require a LOT of work. I have discovered that Thing 1, who will be entering 7th grade, is going to be the most difficult, which is completely the opposite of what I figured. This means we need a school plan in place before the year starts so we can have a more successful year.
2. Fitness plan – I am currently maintaining my 63# weight loss. When things get busy with school, I need to make sure I continue this.
3. Writing plan – I need to get my non-fic book outlined and sample chapters written. Must stay away from Plants vs. Zombies for this to happen.
4. House plan – I’ve been trying REALLY hard to keep the house neater. I’m broke as a joke, which means I am having to be more creative on how I solve our cleaning and storage issues.
As the summer goes on, I’ll outline how my planning is going. In the mean time, do you have any specific issues I can help with? If so, drop me a comment. If you were take a good, hard look at your life, do you have an area that you could make a plan for and then implement?
As always, leave it in the comments!